What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Too Funny Not to Share

My office faces 6th Ave, and I'm kitty corner to the Fox News studios. One of my friends came into my office yesterday to use my window to check out the Fox News ticker, because Jerry Fallwell had died and he "wanted to see it in the big letters."

I live in a largely Spanish-speaking neighborhood, and last night on my walk home, I saw the funniest t-shirt ever. It had a pitcher of beer on it and said "Pour, Favor." Totally made my day. On that same walk, I saw a Latino guy with a mullet wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt ('nuff said) and a clown riding a bicycle with a large live bird perched on his head and a small dog in a basket in front. It used to be a poofy white dog but now was dyed with brightly colored stripes. Mind you, this wasn't a professional clown. Just someone who likes to dress like one…

No comments: