What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Shoe Slut


I've been looking all over for the perfect pair of close-toed black shoes. I was wearing my sandals up until 2 weeks ago, and it was time to transition.

There was a long list of requirements to qualify a pair of shoes as The Shoes. They had to be cute, and versatile enough to go with pants or casual skirts. I wanted a chunky heel, so I can walk down the street without having to do the subway grate avoidance dance to not get my heel caught. They need to be comfortable enough that I can stand on my feet all night. I love a Mary Jane-style shoe, so I was looking for something with a strap or buckle on top. Everything I tried on was too expensive or uncomfortable, or too high a heel. So imagine my excitement when I found these. They were EXACTLY what I wanted. You know where I found them? In my office, underneath my desk. I bought them last winter and left them there over the summer.

I think I might officially have a problem.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You dirty, dirty, shoe slut.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the funniest story ever. And I think I was sitting right there where those shoes are. Sigh.

Diosa said...

Great shoes. Are you sure my camera's not under your desk? Just kidding. I can't imagine how I lost it.

Anonymous said...

Diosa you never found your camera? How did that happen?

Lori G. said...

Those are wonderful shoes but of course, you wouldn't be wearing them in the dead of summer. Perfect time to find them!

ToniGirl9 said...

Those are great black shoes! Where did you get them!? I have been looking for a great black pair as well and have had no luck in finding comfortable nice ones!

Bookgirl said...

When in doubt, Aerosoles. They're super comfortable, everything goes on sale eventually, and most importantly, they're cute.

Unknown said...

I miss you...