What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Shoe Slut


These shoes were part of my "new job" purchases when I started this job. Not because I needed new shoes for work, but because my default reaction to any situation in which I get a new job or a promotion is "buy shoes." Of course that's also my reaction to happy news, sad news, a bonus, and my tax return. But that's another story.

Now, I know what you're wondering. "How many pairs of pink shoes can one girl own?" and "Are those even comfortable?" And the answer is more pairs than I'm comfortable admitting to publicly. And no, not even a little bit. They hurt like a bitch, almost to the point of tears. I can only wear them to work, and even then sometimes not the whole day. But as long as I don't limp, I sure do look cute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you wear tennis shoes to work and then change or what?

Laura G said...

i can't do uncomfortable shoes.This is probably why I own like 7 pairs of shoes total. Including sneakers. But I really only wear 4 of them. Including the sneakers. And some of those are sandals and summery so I can't wear them in the winter. And at least 4 of them are black and not colored. I'm scared to buy colored shoes. No red or pink. How am I even allowed to be friends with Bookgirl? Oh yeah... I read a lot. ;)

Diosa said...

You must look the picture of spring fashion. At this point, I'm really looking for fashionable, low to medium heels. Cute, professional, but wearable. Of course, that's when I can afford to buy shoes again. Which might happen after I stop paying to heat my house for the winter.

Bookgirl said...

Liz, yes, I had an excruciatingly painful foot condition a few years ago that involved Cortisone shots through the bottom of my heel and eventually electric shock therapy. Unfun. So I wear sneakers religiously back and forth to work, and just change here.

Laura, you're smart, you're funny, and you love books. Those things totally override your shoe flaw to the point that I don't even notice it.

Di, winter shoes are no fun anyway. It's the spring ones that are worth buying.

Unknown said...

Bookgirl, your feet are so pretty. Why must you hurt them so?