What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Gulp

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp. That's the sound of me drowning.

I've got worked piled up so high I've started having avalanches in my office, I still haven't mailed my godkids' Halloween presents, and I'm leaving tonight for vacation. I'll be in Florida until Wednesday with 3 of my college friends, celebrating my friend Vicki's birthday. She's one of my favorite vacation buddies, and her parents have a house on Marco Island. I love that about her.

But have no fear. I'm bringing my trusty laptop. With any luck, I'll come back on Thursday tan, rested, re-energized, and with lots of great blog fodder.

Miss me!



p.s. I LOVE kids in costumes. I usually come home early on Halloween, wander around the neighborhood baby-watching (there are literally THOUSANDS of kids in my neighborhood), and then when the little ones start to fall aslleep, go home and post a note in the hallway saying that trick-or-treaters are welcome in my apartment. But since I'm flying in on Halloween night, I'm missing my tradition. So help a girl out. If you've got kids, send me their Halloween pictures please.

p.p.s. In the pre-Ella days, I used to have fierce baby envy at Halloween, but now I just buy her costume. This year, when all the other little girls are going as fairies and princesses, she's going as a linebacker, in her Tedy Bruschi jersey. That's my girl...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This I can oblige. Halloween party tomorrow night. Plenty of pictures upon your return. My entire family is dressing this year, though not in any theme. So many pics to share.

Lori G. said...

I can oblige. We have a tradition at my university of kids on the Lawn, trick or treating. I'll go and take some photos of them again (although I am a little frightened, it is a mob scene).

If I chicken out because of the crowd (and my knee) go to:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/
loriwright/
sets/72157594354810012/

(These costumes are the results of competitive parents with high IQs, lots of money and/or ingenuity and too much time on their hands.)

Have fun on your vacation. Work will always be with us; friends and good times need to be grabbed.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bookgirl, I was going to ask for the same thing. I love little kids in costume. YOu know I'll have have tons of pictures for you...

Have fun on vacation.

Diosa said...

Hope you had a great time in FL. I posted costume pics yesterday.