What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Little Scrubs

Last month I was on vacation with Polly Poppins and the girls (for those of you longtime readers going ”huh?” that’s the online name adopted by the friend previously known as my-best-friend-in-California). We were listening to a hip hop station, and there was an ad for a day care called Little Sprouts, which I misheard as Little Scrubs. A reasonable mistake, I think, given the context.

But ever since then, I can’t get the idea out of my head. How cool would that be??? Little Scrubs – the hip hop daycare. Can’t you just picture it? All those babies in do-rags and gold chains. Blinged-out, jewel-encrusted pacifiers. Pants that sag below the diapers so you can see the Elmos across the back. Low-rider strollers with speakers mounted so the bass makes them bounce.

Instead of the hokey pokey, at play time would the kids learn the Electric Slide?
Would they answer the phone with “Yo. Little Scrubs. What up?”
The possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

Polly Poppins said...

You kill me.

Anonymous said...

I want to send my dog to a doggie day care like that. Not to kill the kid idea, but I just feel like my dog needs something like that. He just seems like the kind of puppy who would sag his pants and wear some serious bling...

Unknown said...

Only You or maybe???? Me would think such a thing....

Bookgirl said...

I can see how it would work for a doggie day care too. Who can't use a little more hip hop??? I say I give it a try for the kids first, and if it works out we can franchise. Before you know it, you could be reffering to puppy as your home-dog...