What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Bookgirl vs. the Towel

I know there hasn't been a Weight Watchers update in a while. I haven't been holding out on you, people. There just hasn't been any good news to share. For the past two weeks I've been slowly working off the weight I gained during my "I'm young and single. Who cares about Weight Watchers??" week. But that's all behind me now. As of today I lost back that weight plus an additional pound, so I'm 16.6 down in 12 weeks. I'm not going to win any races at this speed, but it's a marathon not a sprint. Or at least that's what they tell us to make us feel better.

My beloved Weight Watchers leader is out on maternity leave and today was the first meeting with the new one. I've been known to walk out of a meeting and never come back because I didn't like the leader, so I was a bit wary to say the least. A bad Weight Watchers meeting is like having a therapist you don't like. Going is pointless, because you're not going to get any real work done in that room. I like the people in my meeting. I like the day and time. I didn't want to have to find a new one. But it was all good. Phew. She's funny and smart and energetic, and likes to give out little star stickers as much as I like getting them. We're going to get along just fine.

Today's meeting topic was having big dreams, and setting goals. My redheaded friend has been talking about this on her blog, and I've been thinking about it, so this was the perfect topic for me. My goal is simple. To conquer the gym towel.

I hate that freaking towel. It's little. I'm big. Not a great combination. Me and the towel, we're going to have to take it outside one day. All I want is to be able to wrap it all the way around me. Not mostly around me. Not 3/4 of the way around me so I have to pick which bit of me hangs out. All the way around. Those skinny girls at the gym just tie it around their breasts and get ready, all their personal bits covered while they do their hair. I hate those bitches. And no, just taking a bigger towel from home doesn't count. That's cheating.

So it's on. Me and you Towel, we're going to have a showdown. Be prepared. May the best woman/terry cloth rectangle win.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up.

Those damn towels are little, too.

Unknown said...

Bookgirl, I hope you kick that towels ass! Also, is that you on the cover of that book because I've heard stories about a certain naughty Catholic school girl outfit but I've never seen the pictures to prove it....

Lori G. said...

I know you can do it; those towels are little.

There's nothing more depressing than an uninspiring WW leader or someone who just isn't your type. I'm glad the substitute WW leader is good, funny and energetic. It's WAY cool that you're in virgin fat territory.

Have you tried Bed Bath and Beyond for your pink accessories? I was in there this weekend and they had a whole section of pink things for Breast Cancer Awareness. It was really amazing all of the things you could get that were pink (I'm hallucinating but I even think they had a pink blender and a pink toaster.)

Diosa said...

You can even make dieting funny.

Bookgirl said...

I debated taking pictures to monitor my progress with the towel, but I worried you might go blind.