What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shoe Slut


Today's shoes are possibly my very favorite pair. The day I bought them, my sister Celeste declared them "the ugliest shoes she's ever seen." Hmph. Her taste has been suspect ever since, as far as I'm concerned.




p.s. One more funny Ella story from this weekend. I was undressing to take a shower, and Ella insisted on coming in the bathroom with me. She stared at me for a second, then stared down at herself and said, "I have little boobies." Then when I turned around to get in the shower, she spotted my tattoo. I have a tiny little red heart on my butt, just like a Care Bear does.
(Sorry for the blurriness. Have you ever tried to take a picture of your own butt?? Not easy, I tell you.) "Hey!" she asked me, "where'd you get the sticker??"

7 comments:

Lori G. said...

I love the shoes! I probably couldn't wear them b/c of my rickety knee but gosh, they're cute and glam.

And, of course, you can get the coat. Maybe I'll make it back to NYC and we can pose for a photo together in our INC coats. :-)

Diosa said...

I want to say I love them, but I'm not much of a liar. But you wear what you love, and don't let anyone tell you different.

Anonymous said...

i hate this shoe slut thing because i am always left wondering "what did she wear with it?" Good taste in shoes must equal good taste in clothes.....and handbags

Bookgirl said...

Lori, I really am heading over to Macy's this week to try on that coat.

Di, that's okay. You don't have to like them. I appreciate your honesty.

Liz,
A chocolate brown faux wrap dress and a coral-colored multi-strand beaded necklace.

Unknown said...

Bookgirl, since you're in an appreciating honesty sort of mood, I will say that while the giraffe is one of my all-time favorite animals, those shoes need a context to be as fabulous as your bare feet. I'm with Liz, I need the outfit.

Selva said...

wow very nice shoe...i can get this Joseph seibel product for my wife..i think she will feel really happy

Bookgirl said...

Alas, the only way to edit comments is to monitor them. In which case you all can't have fun without me, since nothing gets posted until I approve it. But that means we all need to ignore the elephant in the room when I get blatant spam comments, since I can't do anything about them. Ignore it with me, kids.