What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Shoe Slut


It was raining when I left this morning, so I got to wear the pretty new boots I got for Christmas. I've been wanting a pair of rain boots for forever. Walking to work in the morning in the rain, my feet get wet, and then I have damp socks the rest of the day. Ick.

I've been looking at and trying on boots for more than a year. But there were, of course, very strict requirements. I know you're shocked. They had to be fun and colorful and pretty. There was the money issue--I couldn't bring myself to spend a lot of money on a pair of boots I wasn't going to get to wear that often. And after I found pairs I liked and that suited my thriftiness (I get weirdly cheap about some purchases--this was one of them) I had some serious Goldilocks syndrome going on. Every pair I tried on was too big or too small, too soft or too hard (okay, not really, but I had to extend the analogy).

My niece found these and sold them to my mom as part of my Christmas present. And they were just right.

p.s. I know the background looks like a cheesy photographer's backdrop, but it's actually the view from my office at night. Or, you know, any time after 4:00 in winter...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can be particular like that myself... usually about dresses and purses. When I have an image in my mind of what I want, it takes forever to find exaly the right thing.

Glad your feet will be dry and warm.

(And thank you for the lovely comment- I really appreciated it)

Kate said...

Even a non-shoe person (me) could get pretty excited about those boots. That's some fine footwear.

Diosa said...

Very cute. Hmm, I could use a pair of rain boots myself.

Anonymous said...

Awesome boots. My rain boots started leaking this year and they were the cutest things ever. I'll be shopping some new ones soon too.

I love seeing pictures in that window of your office - but you shouldn't be working so late!

J said...

OMG, I just had to tell you. DH put a new security system on my laptop and when I put in your url it comes up as a 'phishing' site used to steal credit cards, pin numbers and other financial info'.

WTF is that? ;)

Bookgirl said...

J, Yes, it's true. I'm part of Google's nefarious plot to take over the universe. But now that you know my secret, I'll have to kill you.

Kate, welcome! And thanks for your comment. But be warned. My shoe collection might be enought to win you over to the dark side.

Lori G. said...

Oh those are BEAUTIFUL boots.