What I'm Reading

Stardust by Joseph Kanon
Coming out in the fall, the next novel by the author of The Good German. It's so good I kinda want to lick the pages.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shoe Slut 2


I love today's shoes. And what's more, they're a source of a good memory. Diosa and our friend Amy, with whom we've been friends since the second or third grade, came to New York to spend a weekend with me. We saw Sweet Charity on Broadway and went to nice restaurants and wandered around the city. And Amy was pregnant at the time, which made it all the more special. We had one of those perfect girls' weekends, the kind that just make me feel lucky to be me. And in some teeny little shoe store in Chelsea, I found these shoes. I love pink. I love flowered anything. I love shoes. It's like the perfect storm.

p.s. I was going to crop out the background, but since you've all heard stories about what a train wreck my office is, I decided to leave it in so you knew I wasn't exxagerating. Also, to make you feel better in case you were beginning to worry I was perfect. (Stop giggling!!!) My boss came into my office when I got back from vacation and said, "I thought something wasn't right. I could see the carpet in here. But then someone reminded me that you were away and had shipped out all the books before you left. That made more sense." Thanks, Mr. Bossman.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those shoes!

Diosa said...

I thought those shoes looked familiar. What a great weekend. Adorable shoes. I rarely do pink myself, but on you they're perfect.

Rhymes with Cheese said...

As a fellow member of the WW cult I fondly remember that water bottle behind the shoes. Love it!

Selva said...

i too love these shoes,These shoes seem to be made exclusively for me... I like each and every product of yours... This is very much different from my Joseph seibel products